Wednesday 10 April 2019

Why my wife's death caused me to be traumatized



"The worst thing that has ever happened to me was the death of my wife, barely a month after marriage.
I understood a lot of things then,
Why people commit suicide, why people talk to themselves, why people lose focus.

 We were so young, I was 28, she was 25 and the love of my life .
I resigned a high paying job because I couldn't focus, I haven't washed my clothes or cooked in over 3years of dating.

 But the worst of it was all the frequent calls and talking through the day. I had no one to call, she was my best friend.





I was an angry wrecking ball, angry with God, life, everything. 3 years after, I'm still single, i'm healed of the hurt and anger but a part of me is gone. I couldn't talk to anyone about how I felt.

 I was dying inside, No appetite, can't work, always angry. I wasn't alive.

But I let myself grief. I didn't try to stop it or find someone, I wanted healing so I can give my best to the next lady.

Life felt so worthless then but Christ came for me. He showed me that something good can come from a bad situation, reminded me of all God's generals.




I saw that grief was a part of making me grow.
I still miss my wife, I still love her, We had dreams, she made a man from the boy I was.
But I know more the depths of God's love because it found me when I even wanted to die."

No comments:

Featured post

See the different reactions from the general public when they see you with the NYSC khaki

Despite the poor finishing of the NYSC khaki, wearing it has always been a thing of pride for corps members even though some of us act as i...